Searching drop down's

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello.

I have recently upgraded our filemaker from 6 to 7 and a few things are not working as they used to.....

One main one is that we have dropdown boxes that are populated with a pair of fields (customer id and customer name). It is set to sort on the second field but under FM6 once the dropdown was selected, a user could type the first 2 characters of the customers' name and it would automatically select the first matching customer. This no longer happens and we are having to manually plough through all of the customers to find the correct one.

Does anyone have any ideas :??

Thanks

phil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know of three fixes to the 7v1 and 7v2 bug. I come up with one way using a lookup, and a second way using the example plugin. ESpringer came up with my favorite way using the auto-enter with replace option now available.

But 7v3 fixes the bug, so it works as it did in *.fp5 versions, and all is right with the world. That being said, I like the ESpringer method for its speed. My plug-in method is tough to set up, but does make for a very nice user interface.

Dan

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.