Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Dymo Labelwriter 330 and oodles of troubles..

deluin

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I work for an entertainment company and we pound out labels on a regular basis. We recently purchased a pair of Labelwriter 330's to replace an antiquated one we were using, and I installed them on both a Mac OS 10.2.8 machine and a 9.0.2 machine. I have the most up-to-date version of the drivers available installed on each and on each I am able to print only from the Dymo software.

One one machine (10.2.8; running Filemaker 6), it just spits out blank labels when I print. I think this is a configuration/registration error - but I can't for the life of me find WHERE I change it. Any input?

And on the other machine (9.0.2; running Filemaker 5), I select the Dymo in the chooser and then when I go to print, I get an error message - something to the effect of "An error occurred while printing (-192)".

I can't for the life of me find online exactly what error -192 is, and am having less than a good time trying to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Deluin:

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you get either dymo to print from other applications, like a word processor? This is the first thing I'd check. Also, try to print manually from FMP - do page setup, go to the print dialog & print. On OSX, do a print preview to pdf to see that something will come up there...

I don't know what the 192 error is either.

-Stanley

• Newbies

I can do prints from Word, no problem. Also from the Labelwriter software, no problem. Doesn't make any sense. It's almost like the printer knows it should be printing, but decides better of it and just coughs out a blank label. As for printing from FMP, it just coughs out a blank label, but thinks it printed on it. I dunno what that's about.

Deluin:

Just as a test, I think you should create a new db, make a single layout that is a dymo label, put some text on it and try to print that.

Also, what are you seeing in Preview mode? How about printing to PDF in the print dialog?

-Stanley

• Newbies

Okay, so I checked my page layouts, and I tried using the preset for my label (2.31x4), and the paper size is still 8.5 x 11. I then created a custom paper size, and it stayed at 8.5 x 11. I can't get it to change at all.

When I print to preview, I see the address as it should print, sitting in the corner of an 8.5 x 11 page. I can't get it to just print my label - it still just churns out blanks.

If I don't get this resolved by the end of week we're returning our label makers and going back to our ancient one hooked to our 7200, running system 7.5. I'd REALLY like to avoid that.

Thanks again!

• Newbies

And then I resolved the issue.

My product numbers for the Page Layout for the labels weren't correct, and I had to reset the orientation to suit printing them. It's always the simple oversights. smile.gif

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I have had exactly the same problem using FM 4 and OS 9.2 printing to a Dymo 320, but I found that some of my data bases would print correctly and others gave the error -192 (a resource allocation error).

I changed everything I could think of, but nothing allowed the bad database to print - then it worked. What I had done was to select another printer in the chooser, while FM was running, do a page setup and then select the Dymo printer and do it's page setup (still with FM running).

If the printer is set prior to launching FM some setting appear not to be used correctly. I have tried this on all the databases that previously did not work and each is now OK.

Hope this may be of some help.

This topic is 7321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.