Scripting an exact (=) find statement

This topic is 8177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to find all examinations for a specific patient so I did a find on patients ID #. The found set included eg. ID# 511 exams and 5119 exams and 5118 exams. How do I script an = find?

current script:

copy patientID

go to layout patient

enter find mode

paste patientID (need exact match on this field)

perform find

The solution must be straight forward and I'm just not seeing it.

Your paste didn't prefix an equal sign in front of the value. You need to paste "==ID# 511" etc.

Try this:

copy patientID

go to layout patient

enter find mode

Insert Text [select]["=="]

paste patientID <---make sure you uncheck the "select" option

perform find

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: BobWeaver ]

I'm assuming you have a PATIENTS file with a patientID field and an EXAMS file with a patientID field. In the PATIENTS file, each record has a unique patientID. In the EXAMS file, each patientID corresponds to a record in the PATIENTS file.

If that's the setup, then you can create a relationship from PATIENTS:patientID to EXAMS:patientID. In the PATIENTS file, create a portal with this relationship. Then you can see all the exams for a given patient. A button on the portal with Go to Related Record attached to it will take you directly to the corresponding exam in the EXAMS file. You can also make a button outside the portal with a Go to Related Record[show] that will find all the exams for the current patient.

In the EXAMS file you can make a relationship from EXAMS:patientID to PATIENTS:patientID. Use this relationship to see patient information while you're in the EXAMS file, or to go directly to a patient's record in the PATIENTS file. You can make another relationship from EXAMS:patientID to EXAMS:patientID. This will allow you to view all exams for the patient of the current exam via a portal, or to find them quickly with a Go to Related Record[show] button.

Thom,

thanks for the input. I'm actually in the exam.fp5 file and finding all of the patient's exams and viewing them for historical purposes. Beats thumbing through the patient folder for past exams. I do already have a portal in the patient file and also one in the exam file for a brief overview of exam history. I then created a button for comparing specific findings between the current and past exams. pretty handy...

thanks again.

This topic is 8177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.