help me with find dates range

jocuva

This topic is 8161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings to the forum:

My problem is the following, I have a database of clients which has a field type dates, it contains the date of the next visit and I want to select those that fulfill a range of dates, add two fields global type dates, date initial FECINI and final date FECFIN, I present a layout requesting this dates and I execute a script, but I cannot make me to take the range correctly FECINI...FECFIN.

somebody can help me?, thank you.

I've found that global fields "don't work" in Find mode. So all the fancy text manipulation needs to be done in Browse mode or using a field that isn't global.

Try this: make a new calculation field...

DateToText(FECINI) & "..." & DateToText(FECFIN)

...where the find criteria is created by joining up the global field dates with "..." in-between.

Your script should do something like this...

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [next visit, new calculation field]

Perform Find []

Note that you'll need to perform some checks before entering Find mode to make sure e global fields have a valid entry. Aternately build some of the checks into the calculation field.

Thank you Vaughan.

I have one month programming in FileMaker and here where I live it is not very well-known, so I learn on test and error, the manual doesn't exemplify a lot, this very austere one, but with the support of this forum and your help they give desires of continuing ahead, thank you thank you a lot your support.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 8161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.