Font does not match textbox format

StrangeIB

This topic is 7218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm new to this post, and only familiar with filemaker and had a strange question.

I'm currently maintaining a database that allows a variety of different users to input data. One of these users at some point inputted data into alot of records by cutting and pasting from another document. The consequence, the text in certain textboxes is not the same font as the rest of the text in the layout, and the rest of the records. These records are few and far between, so I'd prefer not to change them back by hand.

So, better explained: The textbox on the layout is formatted for Arial Size 11. The text that was cut and pasted was done as Lucinda Grande Size 13, and consequently in preview mode, the text appears as Lucinda Grande Size 13. I'd like to script a solution to change all these wrongly formatted fields in the various records to the corret formatting.

I've tried a script that cuts the field out and then pastes it back with no style, but for some strange reason it still pastes it back as Lucinda Grande Size 13.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

StrangeIB

Use the Replace command to do a calculated replace. The replace calculation is = field name. You will have to do this for every field that needs to be changed.

Try this on a copy of the database to make sure everything is working.

This topic is 7218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.