way over my head

This topic is 8135 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

PLEASE PLEASE help. New to FMPro and I have a DB with a field called ID01 which is the product ID. Next to it is a field called QUANTITY01, for quantity. I have hundreds of different records all with those two fields in particular. I have to find out the total quantity of each possible product ID for all records. shocked.gif" border="0 Advice? Help? Thanks in advance.

You don't provide much detail about what you're trying to do, but if while looking at a particular record you want a button that will tell you the total quantity of all items sharing that product ID, 2 global additional global fields will work.

Create a self-join relationship ProductID as gCurrentID=::ID01, then define a button to run this script:

Set Field (gCurrentID, ID01)

Set Field (gSum, Sum(ProductID::Quantity01)

The same relationship and Aggregate function (Sum) could accomplish the same thing in a variety of other ways.

• Newbies

Ok, I think I'm getting what you mean. Just to provide more information I'll set up the scenerio. I have ID01, ID02, ID03, and next to them are QUANITITY01, QUANITITY02, QUANITITY03 respectively. In each of those ID fields I can name any one of mour product IDs and quantity is a variable of course. I need to somehow get a list of all of the different IDs in all the records and next to that have the quantities of each. This information spans over hundreds of records. I'll investigate what you said to try. Thanks! and I welcome any other ideas or help also.

This topic is 8135 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.