Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script is not running properly

This topic is 8160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi-

I'm new to the filemaker pro scene, but have been working on a database for work. Right now the dbase I've set up will work with a single user, but when more then one person tries to use it through the multi-user function the scripts don't seem to work. Does anyone have any idea why this is the case and how I might be able to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sometimes it happen me to.

Look if you have a host. Sometimes FM say its no host, even if you have multi-user on and that someone have start the program.

Start a new database with 1 fields: (or more if you would add sign-in control here):

ID-field

Auto-Entry with 1

Make a relation to all other programs with ID-field as connection.

Write a start-up script:

Open(database name)

one for each database until all are open.

Make a shortcut from this database and put that shortcut on your desktop for use as start of your FM databases.

This start all your programs at one computer and act as the host.

I think will help you.

Maybe you must add a PAUSE 1 second on some places because the computers are to fast for the program so it will miss some steps in the script.

Good Luck.

-Per

quote:

Originally posted by dee2dum:

Hi-

I'm new to the filemaker pro scene, but have been working on a database for work. Right now the dbase I've set up will work with a single user, but when more then one person tries to use it through the multi-user function the scripts don't seem to work. Does anyone have any idea why this is the case and how I might be able to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect guets are not accessing the file correctly. The files must be open and the guests must access them thru File-->Open--_>Open remote or Hosts./

HTH

Old Advance Man

This topic is 8160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.