Pop-up list also a button?

This topic is 8151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like a script to run every time the selection in a pop-up list is changed. This seems obvious, but I can't make a pop-up list also a button. Any ideas?

(oops - not sure if it matters, but that should read "pop-up menu.")

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: jrp ]

I am not sure exacty what you would want the script to do but it is possible to make a pop up menu a button and activate a script when changing field. Just define the field with the pop up menu and define the button to perform a script.

The script would be something like:

Enter Browse Mode

Go to Field [ Your field with the pop up menu]

Pause/Resume Script [ ]

If [ Your field with the pop up menu = whatever ]

Do whatever

Else

You may have to put in as many if statements as items in the value list used for the pop up menu. The Go to Field step is necessary because you can't access a field that is a button without being taken there by script.

If you only wanted to take steps if field contents are changed regardless of what the current value is or what the new value is, you could add a global field, set the global field to = the current contents and then do a check and if new contents not equal to the global field take the steps.

In other words if you wanted to go to a new layout if the value is changed you could say somthing like

IF Your field with pop up menu <> g_field and g_filed <> "" go to layout number 2. This would allow new values to be added if field is blank but if it is then changed would take steps.

This topic is 8151 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.