Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Where are the Unlimited updaters?

This topic is 7061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently installed FileMaker Pro 6 Unlimited on a client's server (Windows Server 2003, but shouldn't matter). The version of the software installed is 6.0v1 -- I have an old CD for the software.

Obviously, there have been updates to FileMaker since then. But, when I visit the FileMaker web site, I can't find any updaters for FileMaker 6 Unlimited -- only for FileMaker 6 Pro and FileMaker 6 Developer.

Are there updaters available for FileMaker 6 Unlimited? Where do I find them?

Thanks!

>Unfortunately FM Unlimited cannot be updated; FM recommends its "FM Server advanced"

>as a substitute. However they do not offer an update.

No, sorry, that's the answer to a different question. I am sorry if I was unclear in my original post. I am NOT asking about upgrading FileMaker 6 Unlimited to an analogous version of FM7. I know all about that.

I want to know how to get the latest *patch release* of FileMaker 6 Unlimited, e.g., I have FM6 Unlimited --> v1 <--, and I know the latest patch release is FMU6 --> v4 <--, and Web Companion is at v3. How do I update my version from v1 to v4? Where are the patch releases?

Thanks!

http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters.html

It took me a while to find since it seems FMI is hiding them behind FM7. They seem to really, realy want folks to get 7. You have to click on the FM7 Updates link first to be able to choose other versions.

Actually, that turns out to also be the answer to a different question. When you go to that page, there are no updaters that say they are Unlimited updaters.

It turns out the actual answer to my question is that there are no Unlimited updaters. To update FileMaker Unlimited, you just download the regular updaters, and run them on your copy of Unlimited. It is the installation code / serial number that makes the Unlimited software, well, unlimited, but the code is the same as the regular client, so you can just use the regular patchers.

• 4 months later...

This topic is 7061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.