Performing Finds

This topic is 8142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to create a script that will perform a find on a particular field. The trouble is that the find will keep changing ie. I want the script to perform a find that will show all records whose review dates are in the current month. Obviously the current month will keep changing.

I don't seem to be able to locate where you can specify a particular find in the Scriptmaker section

Can anyone help??

thanks

Another option which I find useful for quick overviews of records, based on dates (such as Month or Year), it to use portals.

You can either set up a table purely for viewing (Viewer), or relate within the table itself. I usually find a separate table cleaner. In this case it will relate to the records in the other table based on the date fields.

Create a calc field in the Viewer which shows the Month for Today.

Create another field in the original table, so that it also shows the Month for the review date.

Make sure the two fields in their respective tables are either both Text, or Number.

Then in Viewer, hook up the portal to look at all review dates where the two month fields you just created match up.

That way your portal will always be looking at Reviews for this calendar month, alleviating the need to ever search. You could do the same for the 'next 30 days', again matching up the 'next 30 days' Calc fields in the relationship portal.

I use this tyupe of thing all the time, including multiple component 'gears' that then match up with a large table to show me the appropriate records (Past Due, Ready To Invoice, This Month, That Month, etc. etc.)

Hope this helps.

This topic is 8142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.