email not sent

This topic is 8100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have performed a number of searches of the the FM Forums looking for an answer to my question, but have not hit the silver bullet. I am hoping you all can lend a hand.

Whether I perform a Send mail[ ] (Eudora 5.1) or OpenURL [mailto: ] (Outlook Express) script step, I get the same result. The msg is composed, but not sent. I am assuming the message should also be sent automatically. Is this not correct? I have played with all the settings in Eudora (Immediate send, send with check and told it to check every minute), but cannot get the msg to go off on its own.

I am using FMPro 5.0 Unlimited on an OS 9.1 Mac.

Any ideas out there why this is happening?

RM

With Eudora (no idea about OutLook) the mail gets queued. Set Eudora's preferences to Check for mail every 5 minutes (or so) and check the option to Send on Check.

It's been a while since I used Eudora, but I think this is correct.

If you want immediate sending of mail, use a plug-in so FMP can send to the mail server directly.

• Newbies

Believe it or not, I do have Eudora set to "Send on check" and have it checking every few minutes. I thought that would do the trick. The problem seems to be getting the message into the queue even with "Immediate send" marked as unchecked. It's really strange.

• Newbies

Vaughan, your suggestion reinforced my belief that the send mail script should have been working. And that I probably changed a setting without fully knowing what affect it might have. So I decided to punt and uninstall Eudora, then reintall it and start over. And voila, it now works as suggested in the manual. RM

This topic is 8100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.