button in portal row

Jondb

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a button placed in a portal in layout mode, which duly appears alongside each record in browse mode. I want to attach a script to the button that opens the relevant record in a new window using another layout, but no matter which instance of the button I click my script just opens the record from the first portal row. Any idea how I can make the button relate to the record contained in the same row?

Hi, Jondb, and welcome to FM Forums!

If you have any script steps in between clicking the button and the Go To Related Record step, those may cause the script to lose focus on the desired record. Try to make the GTRR step the first one, if possible. If you can't, an alternative is to create a global field, then, as the first step of your script, set that global to the unique ID for the record you are clicking into, then use that later to go to the appropriate record.

HTH,

Jerry

Thanks, that worked.

I used the options in the GTRR dialogue to specify the layout and a new window for displaying the record, instead of specifying them as separate script steps.

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.