FMU6 slow to search

This topic is 7179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've built a website with a lot of CDML & FMPro queries in http links. I'm using web companion to serve the pages out. Problem is the pages are slow to load, it waits for FMU to finish searching the database records before it appears. My database has around 10,000 records and it runs on Windows 2003 Server. Would running FM Server help? Any help is appreciated.

Howdy, howdy!

Actually, I don't think 10,000 records is the problem... I don't think it should take any longer than a search in-person would. A problem we used to have back in the FM4 days was that the server would hang for minutes if there were too many found results. It had a problem producing the HTML for so many items. Limiting the number of found items to 20 or so at a time turned display times from minutes to about 1-2 seconds. If you're using CDML, you can easily create NEXT SET and PREVIOUS SET kind of links for large find results.

I assume things have not changed, so I'd take a look at that first. If it's not that, maybe we can narrow it down.

--ST

• Newbies

Thanks for the tip Steve but it didn't help because the search thru' the URL is to display the page info and not a list of results as one would normally do. I can't have the -max option here unfortunately.

This topic is 7179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.