error: "Temporary file could not be created on the

This topic is 7173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, kjb, and welcome to FM Forums!

If this were a Windows question, i would suggest that you make sure you have read/write permission on C:temp and C:windowstemp. Filemaker creates temporary files there corresponding to currently open FM files, and if it cannot create files there, i imagine it would return a very similar error message to the one you described. I would bet a very similar process happens on Macs.

Does the error occur when you are opening the files, or when you try to save files, or at some other time?

Jerry

Howdy! I don't know if there's a "standard" place for temporary files on a Mac. I've seen temp files in cache folders, print spool folders, invisible temps on desktop, top layer of HD, inside application folders, etc. but I'm not sure that message has anything to do with temp files, anyway.

The wording also sounds like a generic catch phrase for different errors (system or otherwise protected file with insufficient prvileges, insufficient disk space, or a self-protected (locked) file. If you don't solve your riddle, tell us more about what you were doing when the message occurred.

Good luck!

--ST

This topic is 7173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.