Unlimited Unstable?

This topic is 7172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to start a new thread based on Steve T's reply to my last post, which raised the issue of stability. I'd rather not drop $900 on FMU only to find it too unstable to run a commercial website that I hope to host in-house.

What have people's experiences been with this? My website is moderately low volume, but I have to have it up and running reliably. Time to learn Lasso . . . ?

Hi, given clean databases and an install that is patched up to date (especially web companion/Webserver connector) FMPro unlimited can be very stable.

I've used it on these platforms:

(a)- 5 and 5.5 Unlimited on OS 9xx

sharing computer with Webstar, FileMaker on Port :591, either serving direct or through WSC

(:- 5 and 5.5 Unlimited running as the only http server on port 80

©- 6 unlimited on OSX, on desktop G4s and on X-serve sharing with Apache using WSC

(d)- 6 unlimited Running as a 3- computer system:

FMPro server (v5 on Mac Classic) > FMP unlimited (on OS X G4) > Apache WSC (OS X on X-serve)

Just to see what would happen some time ago we left the Webstar/FMPro/Mac classic box running for five months continuously and only restarted it when we had to move the computer.

6 Unlimited with WSC and Apache is very solid and happy sharing with php on the same box.

The only disappointment I had was trying to run FMPro6 with Webstar5 in OS X on the same box. Completely stable, but very much slower than PMPro5, Webstar 4.3 in Classic on the same hardware. This is a shame, because I had always liked Webstar for its easy setup and security, so now I use Apache, the industry-standard webserver which mixes very well with FMPro.

regards, jeff

This topic is 7172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.