Sign in to follow this  
FUBAR

Find (Restore)

I'm not very good with the restore options with find/sort but I have a question that I think might be able to be solved with it and need help creating the solution.

I run one search, which could be a simple find with one request and only one field being used, or it could be very complicated with multiple requests and multiple fields being used.

I then either modify that search buy adding information into a new field, or I use a completly new find.

After the second find, a summary is shown for the user and I now want the user to have the option to go back to the records that they were viewing after the first find.

Any help is appreciated.

It's the "option to go back to the records that they were viewing after the first find" that is the difficult part. FileMaker Pro remembers the *last* find only. You are ging to have to build a system (using global fields and scripts) that remembers that second-last find.

The complexity of the solution will depend on the complexity of the finds people perform: you have stated they'll be doing complicated finds on multiple fields and find requests...