Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Problem to synch FM pro 7 and FM Mobile 7

rubo

This topic is 7280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I am new in the FileMaker World, and try for weeks to synch FMM pro 7 with FM Mobile 7 on a Palm T3. I checked the authorizations, checked FMM preferences, synching with the folder opened (running the applications), tried to re install both of them, and no way.

I use OS 10.3 and Palm T3

Is there somebody who knows the solution?

Thanks!!

Greg

Hello Greg,

The FileMaker database which you are syncing with FMM7 on palm must be located on the desktop of the computer. If it isn't, the synchronisation parameters can be set up but the sync will not work.

• Newbies

Hi CobaltSky!

I tried, but same results. I put the database on OS X desktop, and I tried in every possible ways (once again, with or without opening the applications). Synching tells me that there is a message from FileMaker, but no database synched, and Hotsync Manager tells me that it cannot find the database or I have not given the authorizations. But I think I did...

Hi Greg,

If the database is on the desktop but the sync procedure still generates an error, here are several other things you may wish to look at:

1. Verify that not only is the database on the desktop, but the reference to it in the configuration entry in the FileMaker Mobile application is pointing to the correct destination path (ie pointing to the file in the desktop folder).

2. Ensure that the Mobile configuration (the application that runs on the desktop machine) is configured to access the database with an account that has read/write access to all the fields which are to be synchronized.

3. Make sure that all the fields that are to be synchronized are writeable - ie that they are not calc fields or set to prohibit modification of an auto-enter value.

4. Check that all the fields that are involved in synchronization are within the same table - the FileMaker Mobile application is not relational.

5. If you have defined scripts to run before and/or after synchronization, make sure that these scripts do not include any steps which are outside the capabilities of FileMaker Mobile (some trial and error may be involved here - relatively few script sequences/steps are supported.

Also, if you have made changes to the set-up or to the DB, the copy on the Palm may no longer match the structure it is to sync to and this will throw an error. In which case you may need to delete the db from within the palmOS interface, and download a fresh copy via a clean sync to get the structures into line before data the sync process will interact correctly.

This topic is 7280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.