Entering password automatically at open

This topic is 7175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a group and password with limited privliges within the database. I set the database to automatically enter that password at opening, and now I can't get back in with my password to access the entire file and make changes. The "change password" option is grayed out, as it the ability to change any of the document preferences, including the "login with this password" option. Any suggestions? Or I have locked myself out forever.

Hold the Option key while logging in (Mac). It will then ask for your master password. You must know that or you're in trouble.

Funny, but when you reset the File Options to automatically login, a dialog pops up and tells you to use the Option key if you want to see the login dialog again. Pesky dialog, pay no attention :-/

I knew there had to be a way to override that default password and bring up a password dialog. I tried searching the FileMaker site but there ain't too much left on FM4. FYI, it is the shift key on a Windows machine (which happened to be the machine I was using for this particular application) if anybody else needs to know and is reading this.

And thank you so much for the speedy reply!

This topic is 7175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.