Finding Unique Records

susan

This topic is 8185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Tests file with 5000+ records. Many of the records have the same student_id (each record is an instance in which a student takes one of 16 different tests during a school year. Students take the same tests each year--if they stay in the same school they will have 96 records)

I want to be able to find 1 occurance of each student. It doesn't matter which test/record is found. I just need to be able to tell how many different students are entered, and see their names and grad year.

Thanks.

Susan

If all you want is a list of different Student IDs then all you have to do is create a value-list based on the values in the field 'Student ID'

For showing the rest of the information based on the ID, you can either run a find using the value list (which will find all of the records), or you can create a self-relationship (assuming there is only one database) based on the field 'Student ID'. On the same layout you can put a portal (defined by this relationship) with only one row that will show only the first record from the current 'Student ID'

Hope this helps

This topic is 8185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.