Email TO filemaker

thespursfan

This topic is 7169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello. I was wondering how to have data from an email message go to a filemaker database? For instance, I need a user to fill in a web form, then have the data they input to go to my email, and then somehow have the email contents go directly into the database, and have all the fields match up.

I can get the web form input to be emailed to me, I just don't know how to get that email to go into fm. I would prefer this to happen automatically, without any user interaction. But it's not imperative.

Is there a way to do this at all? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmm... not my forte but had used an FM plug-in (free version) for which I cannot even recall its name. I remember the default was to dump the whole message, headers and all, into a FileMaker field. Parsing it correctly was somewhat problematic, I think.

There are lots of FM mail-centric plug-ins, though.

FM alone does not take e-mail data.

--ST

POP3it is a plugin that allows email to be downloaded directly from a mail server into filemaker. You would also need a plugin that runs a script automatically if you want to have the email download without you having to push a button.

Another option, if you have knowledge of web publishing with filemaker data, would be to create a web form that directly uploads the data to filemaker at the same time email is sent to you. A custom web form, using CDML with FM6, or XML, or XML with php, could accomplish this, but you'll need someone else to show you how to to it, since all my needs are generally met with IWP in FM7.

This topic is 7169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.