Layout Will Not Print

MickeyJ

This topic is 7121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I created a simple database and one of the layouts refuses to print. This layout does have a summary field part in it if that matters. Anyway, when I use file>print or run a print script, I get the print dialog box in which I click [Print], then the printer's LCD screen changes from Ready to Processing, and in a few seconds the printer says Ready again and nothing happens. The printer is an HP 4050N. All other fields print just fine from the same file. The file was created using FileMaker Pro V6.0 on OS X 10.3.4 Panther. All my other files created in FMP V6.0 work just fine as do the other fields in the file I am strugging with.

Gosh, everything seem right but I'm stuck. Please someone make a suggestion....

Thanks for your help,

Mickey j

My guess is you have a corrupt font that that layout uses. It could be a corrupt font in the printer (try powering off the printer and starting it up again,) or it could be a corrupt font in the system. To check if it's the later, duplicate the layout, select all, and set the font to something you know works.

Let us know if that doesn't help.

• Newbies

Holy Smokes! Your suggestion led me to the answer!

I created four text strings to act as buttons in a graphics program (AppleWorks), then cut and individually and pasted them into my layout. The purpose was to get a button with a small font easy to read that would act as a button. This was for a person that has a slight vision concern where she needs the font to be bold and I needed it to be small enouth to fit on the layout. By deleting each of the graphic buttons that were fonts pasted in, the problem went away. I guess... my printer thought they were fonts!

Thank you so very much!

Mickeyj

This topic is 7121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.