Sub-Summary conditional on Value List?

esegal

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is a simple question, but I'm stumped.

I have a list of contract records on a summary page, each contract record has a value list check-box which indicates the contract has been signed. The value list has only one entry which is a space (" ") as I don't need the text, only the check box.

So, on this summary page (list view) I have a trailing grand summary part of the total of contract amounts (contract_total), but want a total of only signed (contract_total_signed) contracts as well. How do I perform this calculation?

Hi esegal, you're probably better off using a value of 1 (numeric, not text) for this purpose. Change your value list from " " only to "1" only (without the quotes). You can resize your checkbox field so that the 1 is not displayed if you only want the box itself to show. Then it is a simple matter of adding a summary field = Sum ( ThatCheckboxField ) to your sub-summary or summary.

J

• 1 month later...

Can you be more clear as to the additional summary field and how it ties into the sub-summary? I am adding a summary field as you mentioned "Sum ( ThatCheckboxField )", but the sub-summary only shows the number of signed contracts, not the total of the contracts that are signed.

I assume I need to set up some sort of If/Then arrangements, whereas I spell out that "Sum (Contracts_Total) If (Signed = "1")" or something like that.

I'm still a novice at scripts, so please bear with me.

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.