FileMakers prebuilt Work Requests Application

This topic is 5381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I purchased FileMakers prebuilt FM Work Requests Application on Filemakers Presales statements (and FM website info) that the FM Work Requests Application could be served via IWP via FM 7 Server Advanced.

The FM Work Requests Application Users Guide says the app can be served via FMNet and/or IWP via FM 7 Server Advanced.

Yet much to my surprise, the FM Work Requests Application can NOT be served via FM 7 Server Advanced via either FMNet and/or IWP. The app shows "missing field" and the Icons/buttons do not display correctly.

I contacted FM Tech Support and they indeed verify that the FM Work Requests Application can NOT "out of the box" be served via FM 7 Server Advanced. FM Tech Support says this is because some scripts in the FM Work Requests Application haven't been "optimized for FM 7 Server Advanced" (though the FM Work Requests Application works correctly out of the box when being shared via FM 7 Client via both FMNet and IWP). FM Tech Support could not tell me what script(s) would need to be "optimized" in order to get the FM Work Requests Application to work correctly via FM 7 Server Advanced.

Does anyone out there have experience with the FM Work Requests Application? How about experience with FM Work Requests Application running via IWP and/or FMNet via FM 7 Server Advanced?

IF yes, have you come up with a "work around" to get the FM Work Requests Application to work correctly via FM 7 Server Advanced? Do you know which script(s) need to be modified? What modifications need to be made?

Any ideas, hints, suggestions, vodoo, greatly appreciated.

Sean Hite

• Newbies

hayesk,

Are you speaking in "general" FM 7 terms, OR have you specifically looked at the FM Work Requests Application?

----------------------

The FM Work Requests Application has a "secondary" related file (fmw_Language.fp7) that is NOT accessible. FM did a very good job of locking down this secondary file. I believe this file is the "key" to the issue, but I am NOT able to get into it.

Thanks.

Sean Hite

• 4 years later...

Regarding how to access and modify the "fmw_language.fp7" file in the FileMaker Work Requests app - this had me stumped for a bit, then i found the answer on page 69 of the user's guide.

This is all you have to do - first open the "FileMaker Work Requests.fp7" file, then from the FileMaker windows menu, select Show Window then select fmw_Language. The window opens, and whenever that window is on top, you can manage the database and everything else in the file.

Hope that helps someone in the future, might save a couple hours of dev time that I wasted LOL.

This topic is 5381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.