Relational Database

ChouChou

This topic is 7100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear Forum,

I have a relational database which I want to export to XML, to be used in Flash. Now, my question is, how should a relational database be exported in XML.

Given my understanding of databases, XML and database are very different. Databases use records and relations, while XML uses nesting to achieve about the same, ie many to many relations. This is roughly my idea about these concepts.

Anyhow, how would you export a relational database to XML ?

Up to now i have 2 ideas, one is to generate/calculate a big join file at the database side, and export this file to XML. Not to elegant. The other is to export the simple/flat files seperately and define the relations in Flash. Not to elegant either, also given that it is not good to do data managment at the client side, I think.

It should be possible to let your XML file represent relations and related tables in one big XML file. All seperate tables can be represented by nodes, just like all the relations as well. But how do I make FMPro to output this kind of XML B)

thx,

ChouChou

I know I'm cross posting (http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=129533&an=0&page=0#129533), but I guess not many off the FMPro-XML community reads allot on FMPro-Flash ...

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 7100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.