Server Maintenance This Week. ×

mail and applescript

This topic is 8749 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is what I got :

Filemaker 4 and firstclass mail.

I would like to get these two programmes work together.

In FM I can drag and drop an e-mail adres out of a field onto the desktop, click on it and it opens a new mailmessage in Firstclass . What I would like is that I can click a button next to the e-mail field in FM and that it does the same thing automaticly, I know there is a mail command or setting in FM but it only works with a few mail clients.

Is applescript a solution for this problem ?

Thanks

Peter Boodts

[email protected]

Peter,

I too am a FirstClass user. Although I haven't tried to do what you wish do I believe AppleScript would be the way to go, that is if FC is apple scriptable. Otherwise, I would check out on e of the mail related plugins that are available for FMP.

I've got a toy solution for sending EMail via Outlook Express 5 using AppleScript - and tomorrow I'll be at a large FirstClass site ... I could look to see if it's adaptable ? If that's any help.

If you want the email solution, just emaill me and I can send you a copy - alternatively, I think that someone has posted it on the FSA site

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Could this applescript be adaptable to any mail client? Please help!

quote:

Originally posted by dickiedyce:

I've got a toy solution for sending EMail via Outlook Express 5 using AppleScript - and tomorrow I'll be at a large FirstClass site ... I could look to see if it's adaptable ? If that's any help.

If you want the email solution, just emaill me and I can send you a copy - alternatively, I think that someone has posted it on the FSA site

• Newbies

Could this applescript be adaptable to any mail client? Please help!

quote:

Originally posted by dickiedyce:

This topic is 8749 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.