Reverting changes made to the records

Sanjai

This topic is 7130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Once again there is something on which your help would be greatly appreciated. My people here, need a functionality where they can revert back the changes what they have done to more than one record in a particular file. For eg: At present, I am showing them all the records in a list view, there is a check box next to each record. I am looking for a functionality such that if a user selects this check box for more than one record, clicking on Undo or revert button should uncheck/check the checkboxes which he has checked/unchecked from the time he started using this screen(this would be little complicated so here we can make some check like we can revert the last 10 records).

I checked the undo script step and the revert menu but these are applicable only for one record. I have an alternative way where I could store the modified values in some field but that would need a lot of processing making the application slower.

Also, I have seen in some of the third party filemaker pro applications that the menu script is being customized. Eg: For Ezxslt it shows Ezxlt and clicking on this shows Scriptmaker. May I know how do we do change this in our application?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

--Sanjay

This topic is 7130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.