Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Identifying who is using the database!

This topic is 8748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please can anyone suggest an easy way for us to work out which of 30 users is currently in a single user database (without yelling across the office!!!)? I'd be most grateful for suggestions or even a bit of sample code to help me along!

Thanks,

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a single user db, then you can not check from within the db because you can't open the db. You should be able to check externally to find out who accessing the file. However, the solutions will depend on the server software, client stations, and type of network you are running. Also whether everyone should be able to track use or only the system administrator.

The problem sounds easy at first, but it may require a systems solution that is more trouble than it is worth.

Sorry I couldn't help.

• Newbies

Thanks for replying Nick.

It's FM4.1 for the Mac although we are shortly upgrading to 5. I though it would be easy to get the database to create a simple text file (using applescript) containing the username but it wan't easy at all!!! I can't get it to e-mail me because wew don't use the supported mail programs. Humph...

Cheers anyway! Al.

This topic is 8748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.