Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Form Letter with data from multiple records?

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a very part time Filemaker user who has not built a new database for years, and need help figuring out how to complete a project. I have a simple mailing address database that I want to use to print a form letter. I am creating postcards from 8 1/2 X 11 sheets that will be cut to give me four cards per sheet. I would like to print the addresses directly on the cards as opposed to labels. Is it possible to set up Filemaker to print the addresses from four different records onto the 8 1/2 X 11 layout? If this is possible, and someone can lead me in the right direction, I think I can figure it out. I am using Filemaker 3.0 on my Mac.

Charles:

Welcome to the Forums.

The simplest thing would be to make the layout the size of one of your final cards, then print 4-up via the Mac's Print dialog.

-Stanley

I no longer have FileMaker 3, but I think the technique is the same:

Use a list layout with the body height set to about 4". You can remove the Header and Footer parts completely. In the Layout Setup dialog, there should be a Print Options section that allows you to print in multiple columns (hopefully this exists in FM3.) Set it to 2 columns. Finally, make sure your Page Setup is set to Landscape.

The Body size and the width of the columns may need some adjusting to get everything centered on the printout.

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.