can't find the xslt keyword in the extended privs

juvethski

This topic is 7108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i just finished instaaling the fm server 7 advanced but i still cannot set the xlst keyword in the extended privs. i'm very new on this and will really appreciate any help. what am i doing wrong, or what am i not doing? when i run site assistand, i can connect to my web server but since i don't have the xslt in the extended privs, i cannot enable it on any of my fm 7 databases.

thanks!!

You need to manually add the keyword. If you are using FileMaker Client on OS X, open the database.

File > Open Remote

After the database is open,

File > Define > Accounts & Privileges

There are 3 TABS you need to look at. The first is Accounts. Make sure Guest is Active (checked). This will allow web users to gain access without being presented with a password dialog box.

The next is Privilege Sets. If all you want is for web users to gain access, you can ignore the Privilege Sets TAB, and go on to Extended Privileges.

Here is where the problem lies. In Extended Privileges you need to add a new keyword. Do this by clicking the New button.

This brings up a new Extended Privilege dialog box. In this dialog box, type the following in the keyword

fmxslt

Put whatever you want in the description and then check everything for access ON. I have also added the keyword

fmxml

and granted access to every privilege set as well.

When this is done, this one database solution is set to use xsl templates on the web. You will need to do this with every database you have on the server. Luckily, FileMaker 7 now has tables in a database, otherwise, this would become tedious. You only need to do this per database, not table.

This topic is 7108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.