Slipstream 7v3 into FMP7 installer?

This topic is 7100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to slipstream the 7v3 updater into the FMP7 installer? I will be rolling out FMP7 to about 25 users in the next month or two and it would be nice if there was a way that I could slipstream the updater into the installer so I won't have to install the product and then install the update. Thanks for any help you may have.

Jeremy

I don't think you can alter the installer, or at least not easily. But you can create your own custom installation for almost any installable program. You start by taking a full baseline registry and file listing from a "clean" machine (one that has never had the program installed on it). Then run all needed installers, rebooting as required, and afterwards collect the full file system and registry contents again and identify the differences. There are various utilities that can help with this process, such as such as RegShot or WhatChanged.

Once you've identifed the files and configuration changes needed, package them with an installer such as NSIS

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

This topic is 7100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.