Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Screen Refresh problem in Browse mode

marymcg

This topic is 7089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm using Filemaker Pro 6 on Mac OSX (my iMac has OS10.3 and other iMac has OS10.2) - the FM db is viewed in Table format.

I have a simple, flat database of a lab's orders that I update and copy (across the network) to the lab computer. Twice the lab's version has a problem with the date not changing as they scroll down through the records - stays at 8/26/04 instead of changing to 11/24/04, if they started scrolling at 8/26/04. The data is fine underneath and my copy of the database is fine. Last time I fixed it by re-creating a new database and imported the data from my excel spreadsheet.

Is the database just getting corrupted occasionally or is something else going on??

Thanks for your help.

Mary

First, make sure that the program is updated to FMP 6.0v4.

Sharing FMP databases from file servers across a network is not a good way do it. So yes, your files could be getting corrupted. But I'd first make sure the FMP program is up to date.

Howdy, Mary! If you OPEN your db's through network filesharing, you can corrupt your db but you should be OK if you are just COPYING to/from your computer. I'm not sure I understand exactly, but are you sure it's not something simple like a faulty layout? If your date field is overlapping the part's border, I think it might cause something weird like that. Try giving a little more room between the field and the part edge. One computer's font rendering and font may be slightly different from another computer's font rendering and font. If it happens again, try adjusting the layout on the lab computer and see if it's suddenly fixed.

--ST

This topic is 7089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.