Server Maintenance This Week. ×

macosx win 2k pro, sharing and printing problems..

bloodyhell

This topic is 7091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

first of all, hi to everybody and sorry if my english is not correct, I'll try to do the best smile.gif

Anyway in my dad's office we're still using filemaker pro 4 (very old I know but it still works) and win 2k on a couple of pc...

I'm trying to go back to macintosh (i'm using my ibook) and put FM pro 7 on mac and on the computers...

There's a big problem we've got now with fm pro 4, we use a network shared folder for the databases, and each pc has a printer shared attacched to it.

When we launch a script that changes the page setup (reducing for example) on a computer and the other one do the same the settings of the printer are set back to default (100%).

This is very annoying, and we didn't have this problem with win98 and fm pro 4.

I've read that with fm7 pro it's better to open a remote file and not leaving a shared folder, is that right?

But in this way if I'm right the "server" need to have already opened all the files we need on the client, how can I solve it?

And last question, there will be on the lan macosx and win2k pro, do you know if there are any problems?? I mean, scripts will work fine without changing them every times??

Thank you very much for your patience and ask me if don't understand my poor english...

This topic is 7091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.