Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Terminal Server and Mac OSX

Jalz

This topic is 7041 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I've got a client that has a filemaker 6 solution. I've hosted it on a Windows 2000 Server. I've got 5 people using it on the network, and its working quite nicely. I need to connect three Mac OSX.3 users to the system, the thing is they are a "remote user" so I thought I might use Terminal services to do this. I've installed Remote Desktop Connection on each Mac.

What licencing and price will I need to obtain from Microsoft to allow three TS users to connect concurrently, and has anyone managed to printout docs from TS and filemaker whilst logged on remotely?

Thanks all

Jalz

Howdy! I'm not familiar with Windows Terminal Services, but your remote Macs should be able to connect to FM-hosted databases without any additional software other than FileMaker Pro standard client and the old FILE > OPEN > HOSTS (IP ADDRESS) method. If your server does not have its own public IP address and is on an internal IP, you'd have to redirect PORT 5003 traffic to the server's IP address for FM users to connect from outside.

Just thought I'd mention it in case folks didn't know. Of course, I could be just showing my ignorance of Windows Terminal Services, though!

--ST

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7041 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.