Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Symbol PPT-2800 - Anyone use one of these?

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Our hospital purchased a new Symbol PPT-2800 Pocket PC / Barcode scanner device.

This device runs Pocket PC 2002 and looks like a real rugged piece of equipment.

I am building a database to intregrate barcode scanning with and I was wondering how do I make this thing scan!?? I read in an earlier post that their documentation (Symbol) is very obtrusive and they are so correct! It says in the documentation to refer to the "PPT 2800 Series for Pocket PC 2002 for configuring your scanner". Well, there is no steps for configuring it in the book. All it says is 1)Aim the scanner at the barcode and 2) Press either the left, right or center scan trigger. Well, that is all obvious but the scanner doesn't even light up.

Anyone else use these and how did they make it work with their application?

Thanks!

Chris

• Newbies

The scanner book (or online) should have a series of codes you have to scan into the scanner. One of these codes will set the barcode scanning format, one will set the scanner to automatically tab or enter to the next field, etc. The codes normally come in a booklet with the scanners.

The do not have steps for configuring it, they just expect you to know what you need. Basically you scan the initial setup barcode and scan each other option you want after that up until the end programming barcode.

After talking with Symbol about this, there is a scanner program that is missing from the applications folder. Supposedly they were going to email it to me yesterday but it didn't arrive yet. frown.gif

There is no configuration page that you scan with this scanner, it is all internal on the ROM. I found that odd too because most of the ones I have worked with in the past (specifically terminal attached scanners) have config pages you have to scan. This one is ready to use. Pretty cool.

Well, after an entire afternoon of programming, we finally got everything to talk. Received the scanner program from Symbol, loaded the app, loaded FM Mobile 7 and all is working beautifully. This is a good one to get for scanning solutions.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We've just bought the PPT2800 and facing similar problem. Could you tell me what was the missing program? How to get it? Is it possible to download from a website or I should ask Symbol?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

We've just bought the PPT2800 and facing similar problem. Could you tell me what was the missing program? How to get it? Is it possible to download from a website or I should ask Symbol?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks in advance

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.