Email Process from Start to Finish

Peter1

This topic is 7076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There

I have read numerous postings on emailing from FileMaker. What I, and I am sure many other Forum users, would like to know is a concise explanation of what is required/optimal to:

1. Send one email to one address

2. Send one email to multiple addresses - with each email being sent separately

3. Send one email to multiple addresses - with only one message being sent

4. Send HTML email

5. Plus other possibilities?

Assuming we understand the basics; ie: when to use globals and when not to, what would one require? I fully understand the FileMaker environment but have no idea where to start with setting up the entire email structure.

I think my query needs to resolve the following questions:

1. In a plug-in free solution, what is possible?

2. With plug-ins, what is possible? And which plug-in to consider?

3. What tables will be required? I imagine it would be best to create a separate file that comprehensively controls the entire email process, and then can easily be used with new database projects?

4. What software is required on the Mac?

I know this will take some time to respond too, and probably exists on the Forum in fragmented forms. I would be deeply grateful to anyone who has the time to explain this clearly to me and other readers.

Thanks - Peter

It isn't clear. I had my run around designing a system that sends an invoice to the customer. Wasn't too bad, a lot of scripting and relationships. There isn't one solution. You will have to find out what information you want to send and start with that. If you just want to send a cookie cutter message to anyone with an email address, then filemaker's homepage has an easy solution for that. As for plug-ins, I wouldn't know.

Here was my solution. I had attached it to this post http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB15&Number=132535&Searchpage=1&Main=132535&Words=+Himitsu&topic=&Search=true#Post132535

That is my 2 cents.

This topic is 7076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.