Send Mail script blanks out stationery emails

Bigtime

This topic is 7071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've seen a repeatable problem where the Send Mail script will blank out or delete fields (e.g., subject, body) in a Eudora stationery-based email. I assume this is not unique to Eudora.

Desired behavior:

Use the Send Mail script to have FileMaker initiate and send a batch of new emails in Eudora that are based on a stationery document. I thought this would work great because the stationery-based email can include any formating Eudora supports (color, images, etc), and then simply let FileMaker insert the email address or subject.

Problem:

The Send Mail script overwrites (deleted, blanks out) the email body, even when the static text field in the Send Mail dialog box is blank. Ouch.

I suspect that behind the scenes the script is sending something rather than nothing, even when you leave the static text fields blank. At best, there should be an option to ignore a Send Mail field, that is, don't send any data.

Does anyone know how to solve or workaround this problem?

If it's not possible, does anyone know a solution for sending individual stationery-based emails to a batch of recipients, controlled from FileMaker?

Thanks in advance.

This topic is 7071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.