lookedup emails / small batches / BCC?

iz2

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi... I'm very new to FM, and am not sure I'm approaching things correctly. I am stumbling on three issues:

1--If I pull a related file into a portal and try to send to all the emails that show, only the first email appears on the "To:" line.

2--My ISP only allows me to send emails in batches of 20. Is there a way around this? A script to break down the emails into smaller batches?

3--The send-to-all-records-in-found-set button only seems to work on the "To:" line, not "CC" or BCC"

Thanks for any help! I use Eudora.

p.s. if it matters, I'm a writer and small publisher, and hope to use these email functions to select publications from several databases to either pitch story ideas to or to send publicity for books I publish. My company's first book (a cookbook) is being released by a national distributor in April, and I am planning a national publicity campaign for it (I did the regional campaign manually, ad it took forever to break down addresses into batches of 20, but it was worthwhile since about 30 publications wrote about the book. Still... it can probably be automated, no?).

I have a whole bunch of "tables" -- my 'subject' table that includes info on books/stories, my personal contacts (including about 100 book reviewers), a purchased 60,000-name media list (which I select by category and publication type -- ie "magazines" and "cooking"), and my own routinely updated list of about 500 media members (ie regional newspaper editors). I don't know a thing about scripts, except those in the standard list.

I have created third tables to, say, create a press release, or write a story query letter. This is where the portal issue is arising. Say I click the boxes for all culinary magazines, and 70 emails show up. When I try to email to all, it only generates the first address. Maybe i'm trying to do something that's not possible?

hope this makes sense!

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.