Old v5 DB Time Fields Display Garble when conv.

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently converted my database which is fairly simple to version 7. It has been working fine in version 5 and now I am having trouble with a time field. I use the time fields for calculations of timecode. The fields having trouble function like this. I enter a start time in the format hh:mm:ss and a end time in the same format. The database then calculates the difference between the two and displays it in another field (ie;length) in the same format hh:mm:ss.

Now that I have upgraded to version 7 that no longer works. I put in a start time and recieve a format error saying that the time is entered incorrectly. Same goes for the end time. Then when both numbers are in (start and end) the duration field reads some looks to be random number.

Here's an example of what version 5 does.

start 01:00:00

end 02:00:00

duration = 01:00:00

Here's an example of what version 7 does.

start 01:00:00

end 02:00:00

duration=10000:00

Any help is appreciated. I am willing to send the file to anyone that might be willing to take a look.

Picture1.pdf

It seems like you might have a field type mismatch. I got a similar result when I was testing and the fields were set as text instead of time, though not exactly the same, so that might not be it.

You might also want to check that the calculation for duration is set as a time result as well. Is the calculation any more complicated than TimeEnd - TimeStart ?

I'm guessing at this point. More information might help us figure out the problem.

The behavior of the RightWords(), MiddleWords(), and LeftWords() functions have changed in FM7 to include the : symbol as part of the word rather than a seperator. This means your calcs need to be rewritten.

This might be a good time to simplify those calcs anyway. Maybe you can just use time fields, then the calcs are really easy.

Stealth:

I see the error you're getting in 7, but cannot open the 5 file - it's showing as a unix executable file. Can you repost it, but make sure that the .fp5 suffix is on it before you compress it?

-Stanley

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.