problems with saving found sets in FMP7

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everybody,

I'm shaking my head in the last two days with no result. It is about this example made by John Mark Osborne, made in FileMaker 3, which works well in FileMaker 5 or 6, but not in FMP 7.

I don't know what I'm missing, but it seems to me that there are some scripts which are not executed till the end, even though I don't get any error.

The main problem is that when saving a set or when trying to restore one it gets stuck in one layout of the saved sets file instead of returning to the main layout containing the found set.

I'm sure it is a minor detail, maybe some differences in behavior of certain script steps in FMP 7, but I cannot figure it out.

I'm attaching those files, together with the FMP 7 conversion log.

Thank you, any idea would be appreciated!

This is a common conversion issue. During conversion, a Select Window [] step is added after each Perform Script [ external... ]. It guesses at if you will want the Current Window in the foreground or the target of the Perform Script [] in the foreground, but sometimes it guesses wrong.

In this case, simply change the target in the Select Window[] script steps to Current Window.

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.