page setup lost after restart in script

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client who is running MAC OS 9.2.2 and FMP 5.0 v3. There is a print script that sets the page to print LANDSCAPE for a particular report. I have saved the page setup options in the script and it works fine switching between landscape and portrait print outs. However, when the machine is restarted the script defaults back to portrait printing. I have recretaed the script from scratch and it still happens.

THe printeer is an HP Color Laserjet 1500 and has the latest drivers from HP. Any ideas?

A script can only save one page setup, whereas you need it to save two. Besides that, there is a smarter way to work. wink.gif

Break the page setups into two separate scripts, one for portrait, one for landscape. Make sure they work.

Now in all other scripts in the file, take the Page Setup steps out and call the scripts you just made instead.

Thos, amongst other things, makes changing paper sizes much easier later on.

perhaps my post was misleading....

I have SCRIPT 1 (which is a landscape format) SCRIPT 2 (which is portrait) THey both print fine. Except after the computer restarts the SCRIPT 1 (landscape) prints out as portrait.

The scripts are seperate and both work once I go back in and save the page setups again. Even after quitting out of the program they work. They loose the settings once the machine is restarted.

It could be a sign of file corruption.

Make a test new, fresh file and recreate the two scripts in it. See if this new file exhibits the same problem.

This topic is 7023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.