Dynamic value list from another file

Henke

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In our FM-system, we have a separate file for suppliers (printers, papermills, prepress ...). I have tried to make a dynamic valuelist for each type of supplier, which works fine as long I'm in the same file. For example the field PRINTER_LIST (calc = "printer") is related to the field TYPE.

Then I want to use this value list in another file in the system, I create a value list in the second file using "Use value list from another file". But that doesn't work...

Any ideas? Or isn't possible?

/Henke

Keep in mind if you are using value lists that require a relationship in order to make them function as a conditional value list, you cannot simply use this value list in another table/file. You have to recreate the same field/relationship conditions in your new file/table as well in order to use this value list in another table/file.

If this does not answer your question, please provide more in depth information, or upload a working sample of what you have as an attachment so we can look at it and determine what you are doing, and how you should approach a solution.

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.