Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Labor and Delivery Log Book

GaryE

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am creating a new application to print the obstetrician's delivery note, the labor and delivery nurse's delivery note, and a new report for the delivery log at the time each note is printed. I want the delivery log to be in landscape mode on legal paper, with each patient's record stretching across two facing pages, with the holes punched in the right margin of the left facing page and in the left margin of the right facing page. This is the format of the traditional hand-written delivery log. Each day in the delivery log will have its own two facing pages. I can print the left facing page, but not the right facing page. My layout has the page break correctly positioned at the right margin of the left facing page, and the rest of the line of the patient's record stretching off the screen to the right, but I cannot figure out how to print the right facing page. My knowledge gap seems to be how to print a record across two consecutive pages of report. The application is in FMP 5.5, running on FMP Server 5, hosted by a server running Windows 2000 Server. Thank you.

GaryE:

You're thinking of the pages as left/right, when it should be top/bottom. If you shift all of your layout items from the "right" page to the space below your current "left" page (below the page break indicator), you should get the right results.

FileMaker treats items off to the right of the page break indicator as off the paper margin, and therefore not to be printed, whereas items below the page break go on a second page.

-Stanley

• Newbies

Stanley,

Thank you. This is better, but I still don't have the layout I am trying to create. Now I have the column headings for the first line of each patient's information in the header on top, each patient has two lines of info in the body of the report, and I'm missing the column headings for each patient's second line of information. The report is only 8 1/2 by 14 inches. I'm trying to get the report to be 8 1/2 by 28 inches, on two facing pages, including the headings for all of the columns all the way across the top, with each patient's record on a single line all the way across the two pages, and all the patients delivered in one day on this two page report (each patient is a row). Is that possible to do? Thanks again.

GaryE:

I'm not exactly sure I understand, but if you really need your header info to stay there, you could take your second page data and move it to an entirely new (single-page) layout, then script your print so that it prints the first page (print 1 page) from the first layout, then the second page (print 1 page) from the second layout.

If you want a more detailed analysis, feel free to post up a clone of the file.

-Stanley

• Newbies

Stanley,

Thank you so much. That's the answer. I'm always embarrassed when I ask a question that has such a simple answer. The left facing page of the log is layout one; the right facing page is layout two. I can provide a print script that prints the two pages sequentially. Thanks again.

This topic is 7030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.