Server Maintenance This Week. ×

file gets dropped

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been having problems with Server Advanced. I have it installed on Windows 2000 Server. I have people accessing the databases from iwp and as clients. The problem is when a client is in the file and for no apparant reason the database shuts down. Sometimes there is a message that the communication was lost with the host but mainly it just closes the file.

I am running out of possible solutions. I put the files up on Windows 2000 using only FM Pro and then I added server 7 but not advanced. The client that used the file never had a problem. Why does it work fine without out server advanced? I know I need server advanced for people to access the files by iwp and as a client.

Please help. I don't know what else to do.

Howdy! Sorry, I don't have an answer, but mysterious shutdowns, crashes, unexpected quits, etc. were not uncommon with FileMaker Pro Unlimited before FM7SA came out. Possible causes vary from corrupted databases, interrupted requests, certain browsers, net 'bots/spiders, and connection losses over the LAN. I'm not sure if any of this applies to you or SA, though. Maybe someone w/FM7SA can tell you exactly, but if FM7S is okay but FM7SA is not, that would seem to indicate a web-related instability, eh?

--ST

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.