To have a similar relationships manger like access

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do you mean the buttons on the relationships graph viewer? Page 69 of the FMP 7 User's Guide

umm buttons?? I mean oh maybe a screen shot would prove what i would like filemaker 's relationship manager to appear like grin.gif

relationswal1.gif

I just really want to know what the = represents, like is it the 1 to many symbol? etc

Page 66 of the User's Manual, then: " = : Values in Match Fields are Equal."

Also, the buttons are at the bottom of the Relationships window. I guess in Windows you've got to scroll down to see them. Thanks again, Bill Gates, for your lovely interface.

-Stanley

lol i thank bill gates for also stealing my money and making me buy expensive software in order to a gcse when they don't even include it in student edition!!dur students might need it as every course has database!!

I don't have the user manual as i am still using the trial? is that info in the help?

MnR:

Yes, the man's a thief of the first order. The manual should be in the trial version as a .pdf file (or at least I thought it was), but not in an obvious location. On the Mac, the documentation is in the FileMaker folder, then in a sub-folder called "English Extras", then another folder called "Documentation." At least in the US version. Perhaps in the UK (where "English" means more than one thing) the folder is just "Extras"? ;( Regardless, they've stashed it away. I think you could get the User's Guide from FileMaker's website anyway. Not the most useful piece of documentation, but useful for some things, as I keep pointing out in this thread, no doubt to your endless annoyance.

Anyway, at least you're getting your GCSE without using 100% Gatesware.

Keep your chin up, and remember we're all here to help.

-Stanley

I didn't get my gcse without gates although i did avoid him as much as the school would let me tongue.gif I had to do my database in Access under supervision, which well sucked! I did my free choice coursework in Flash, PHP, MySQL and a bit of Flash in order to create a simple but dynamic CMS. However i am now doing my AS's and i have no idea why i choose computing as i hate doing things to specifications and often prefer my own methods grin.gif But using FileMaker has set me out from the crowd and at least people won't be able to copy/accuse me of copying them grin.gif

This topic is 7021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.