Running Totals

This topic is 8395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need HELP!! Does anyone know how to run a summary (running total) without including the first record of the found set? Help!

I am currently using FileMaker Pro 5.0. I don't know if anyone here can help me or not, if not, maybe you could direct me to where I could get an answer to my questions.

Question #1:

I am developing a database to track my students timesheets. They fill out a monthly timesheet and are allotted so many hours per term to work. I have to track that time too make sure they do not work over their allotted time. I have one database called Student Monitors in which houses all of their information such as: address, phone, student ID, S.S number, work study time available, etc. This one database has several students in it. I then have a database called timesheets. This is their actual time sheet and there are certain calculations that I have to be able to do such as:

Prior Earnings

Current Earnings

Balance

In the Prior Earnings field I have to be able to track what they earned, during the course of only one term at a time, on previous timesheets. For example:

Week 1

Prior Earnings: 0

Current Earnings: $20.00

Balance: $400.00

Week 2

Prior Earnings: $20.00

Current Earnings: $30.00

Balance: $370.00

Week 3

Prior Earnings: $50.00

Current Earnings: $10.00

Balance: $360.00

The first record of the terms (which is sorted from all of the other records), the field "Prior Earnings" needs to be "0" and then each week needs to add the additional earnings.

Does anyone have any idea?

I don't know if any of this makes any sense but if someone could help me I would appreciate it.

[email protected]

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: Julie ]

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Julie ]

This topic is 8395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.