Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with timesheet concept

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, part of what I'm trying to develop includes a timesheet and record of tasks undertaken by the user. Basically, I have a table for the Timesheet. On the Timesheet, there is a portal to enter in tasks for the day. The relationship is Accountname and Date, so the timesheet only displays tasks for that User on that specific day.... pretty straight forward.

My problem is this, I would like to be able to display the time used in the day as a 'bar' so it is easy to see if there are gaps not accounted for and the user could then ether add in tasks that were forgotten or adjust times of existing tasks. It would be handy to highlight overlapping times also, so they can be adjusted as only one task should occur at any given period. I would like to use 15 minute blocks starting at 0:00 to 23:45

I have seen something a bit similar (called Simplify2 using days) but couldn't figure out how to adapt it to save myslef. Does anyone know of an example anywhere (or got more time on thier hands than they know what to do with wink.gif....

Help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with Simplify2. I have done something like this, but I used a grapic interface to schedule events. I had color coded blocks for each type of event. This was done in 30 minute blocks of time. The related table had a record for each time slot. The related table was created before data entry from a template. This is different from your setup.

I put together a small demo file of posible method. The only drawback is the number of relationships you will need. I covered a 1 hour time span and used 4 extra relationships. That looks like 96 for a 24 hour span.

This will give us aa reference if you need more help.

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.