Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do I toggle a field color with Container?

This topic is 7020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have which I have set to be a button - user clicks on it, a little window displays, they pick the item and it puts the item name in the field , which is defined as a button.

However, when they do a find - they click a button i have called find, I put the layout into find mode and I would like to allow them to enter criteria in that field - so one immediate option is to create another layout.

(oh this field is set to a gray color and embossed)

Is there a way to toggle this button-field to just field and change the color to white?

I just thought it would be great if I could avoid having to create another layout just for that

thanks,

Sincerely,

J__

"I have ~what???~ which I have set to be a button"

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for. You'll have to excuse me I do not have Dev 7, only FMP7 which there is no way to define a field type as Button. Are you saying you have a container field which holds a button, the user clicks this button which pops-up a window where they can click on an item which will enter the item name into a TEXT field which will then be displayed as text on the button?

Sorry.

In the layout I made the field a button by picking "specify button" and I made it gray because.

When user presses the field (they cannot tab into it, i removed that ability via field behavior settings), I do display a popup list. The user picks a record from that list and I then put some informtaion into the gray field in my main layout (one above).

I use this form/layout for editing. When my user wants to do a find, i have a script which controls the find, but it still uses the same layout. When they are in find mode, I want the field (that is gray) to NOT be gray, so they can type free text in it.

One way I can acheive this result is to create a layout for doing Finds, which looks just like the main layout - but the field is not gray and does not have a button specifyed.

I guess creating another layout is ok - and will certainly work - but i was wondering if there was a slicker way to do this with containers.

sorry if i wasn't very clear, i hope this makes it clearer, if not, please let me know.

thanks,

J__

This topic is 7020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.