FM Server Adv. Problems with config-console

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I got some Problems getting FileMakerServer Advanced (v.7.03) with WinXP Pro SP2/IIS 5.1 running:

While trying to connect to the configuration console of the server via browser by the URL "http://myserveraddress/fmi/config" I won't get a configuration page as exspected but a file named "config" for download. Of course this seems not be useful anyway...

I've tried to reinstall all server stuff, tried different configurations (e.g. different system accounts for anonymous auth.) and removed antivirus and firewall stuff but all these things bring no solution.

It seems the IIS is serving the wrong mime type "application/x-msdownload". I don't know how to fix this or if this is a bug of the connection between IIS and FMSA.

Does somebody here got a solution for that problem or did make the same expirience in this configuration?

Thanks,

Claus Niemeier

i'm running on a os x machine and experienced the same problem that the web console wouldn't open. i was getting the error message, page not found. after i spent about 2 hours on the phone with the techies at filemaker, a simple disk repair changed all the messed up permissions and web console was back up running once again.

This topic is 6989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.