Populating sales form from client list

This topic is 6992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am sure this is quite simple. I want to type in a client ID from my client table into my sales form which would then enter the clients Name, etc. I have established relationships between the two tables and have layed out fields matching the two tables. When I use find mode in Sales and enter a client ID I get this error: No records match this set of find reguests. After many hours of reading thru th ehelp files I am still at a lose. This should be the easiest thing to do??

Spiritbear:

Welcome to the Forums.

You've got the work done, but the method wrong - you shouldn't be in Find Mode, but Browse Mode. In your layout, where you want the client's name, etc., to appear, make sure they're related fields via your relationship. In Browse Mode, if you enter the client's ID number, the related data should show up automatically.

-Stanley

Spiritbear:

You should be entering the Client ID in the field that is related to client list::client ID. So, you'll have a field that is local to your Sales form, where you enter the client ID; that, in turn, relates to the Client table and pulls the data from the record with the same ID number in it.

-Stanley

This topic is 6992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.