Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print Script error.

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wanted to print a script from the Scripts menu, and it keeps crashing. Is there a known issue about this?

The script is very large, and I'm guessing this is what is causing the crash. However, I can print the same script from FM6.

Thanks

Hey Stanley,

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I wanted to actually print the text of the script itself to assist me in converting it to FM7.

Not a Print Script Step. Open up Scriptmaker, select the scipt, and Print that scipt.

Thanks for the reply!

Munchie:

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Let's see... first, you can't go backward to FMP 6, so that's out. I guess the best suggestion I can make is to duplicate your script, delete half of it and see if that will print. If so, the bug is in the other half. Then you can dupe the script again, delete the half that worked, and now delete half of the remainder and see if that will print, etc, etc, etc. It's an old-school method, not pretty, but it will help you pinpoint where the error is.

-Stanley

Would it crash like that if the script contained <Table Missing> errors? I was printing the script in order to find those easier.

When I converted the database, I removed all the relationships to external files to recreate them in the new FM7 DB.

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.